Governor's from Virginia and Maryland have issued executive stay-at-home orders. In an effort to help our customer's answer the question "is it ok to work", you can read the Virginia Executive Order here, and the Maryland Executive Order here. If you are performing projects in Accomack County, those projects remain active at this time. (March 31, 2020)
BUSINESS OPERATIONAL CHANGES:
In response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, the Accomack County Administrative Offices are currently closed to the public. During this time we are still providing services. ALL services can and will be provided electronically (i.e.: applications, payments, and permit issuance). You can also call us at 757-787-5721 or 757-787-5726 and leave a message. Someone will return your call to assist you with navigating our electronic platforms.PLEASE NOTE: During this time there may be a delay in electrical inspections, due to all electrical inspections being done by a third party inspector. We appreciate your patience.
- You must apply for a permit on our ACCESS Online Permit Portal by clicking here.
- For Permitting questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us at the numbers listed above and leave a message.
- To schedule an inspection use our ACCESS Online Permit Portal or call 757-787-5721 and leave a message.
- For Building Code questions please contact Mark Bowden at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-787-5788 and leave a message.
Zoning & Planning
- For specific information concerning a parcel (i.e.: property zoning, wetlands, and other information) please visit AccoMap by clicking here, and enter the free site.
- You can access the Accomack County Code of Ordinance for Zoning Information and Ordinances, here.
- For Zoning Code questions please contact Katie Nunez at email@example.com or Stephanie Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call Katie at 757-787-5723 or Stephanie at 757-787-5739 and leave a message.
- Please submit complaints through the ACCESS Online Permit Portal.
- To follow-up on a letter you may have received please contact Chris Daley at email@example.com or call him at 757-787-5711 and leave a message.
- To check floodplain information on a parcel, please visit AccoMap and enter the free site.
- For Floodplain questions please contact Tom Brockenbrough at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 757-787-5797 and leave a message.
- Please continue to visit the Accomack County Website for updates.
- For Economic Development and other matters please contact Stephanie Woods at email@example.com or Rich Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephanie at 757-787-5739 or Rich at 757-787-5790 and leave a message.
The mission of the Department of Building, Planning and Economic Development is to develop, advocate for, implement strategies and provide services that encourage a desirable balance of natural resource protection, quality of life retention and development which increases the County’s tax base and creates jobs.
The ACCESS Online Permit portal will be active to the public on August 1, 2019. The link to the portal can be found HERE.