Grants of up to $5,000 and up to $3,750 (for closed home based businesses and restaurants with take-out and delivery) are available to qualifying small businesses that are located in Accomack County, that were closed by Executive Order. The County is using Executive Order 53 (directive #'s 3,4, & 6) and Executive Order 55 (directive #4) to determine whether a small business or home based business is eligible for grant funds. Excerpts from Orders 53 and 55 can be found here. Examples of small businesses temporarily closed by EO 53 and EO 55 include but are not limited to:
- Restaurants that provided take-out/delivery are eligible for a reduced grant amount (up to $3,750)
- Hair Salons
- Indoor Public Amusement
- Home based businesses that were closed are eligible for a reduced grant amount (up to $3,750).
The County will open up on-line applications for small businesses on July 6, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. and the application period will close at 5:00 p.m. on July 10, 2020. Funding will be made on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis, and only one grant per business will be awarded. An on-line application form and submittal is REQUIRED to be considered.
Small businesses which are located within an Incorporated Town should check this website often to find out whether or not you are eligible to apply based on action by the Town. Incorporated Towns participating in the County's Small Business Grant Initiative are:
- BELLE HAVEN
Successful grant recipients will be notified by email and be required to submit a W-9 form. Successful grant award recipients applicant name and business name will be listed on this website. Check this website after July 13, 2020 for details regarding grant notifications.
Application links are at the bottom of the page.
- Business is physically located in Accomack County.
- Business employs 30 persons or less.
- Business was temporarily closed as a result of EO 53 (directive #'s 3,4, & 6) or EO 55 (directive # 4).
- Business was open to the public and actively doing business on March 24, 2020.
- County or Town business license was valid on March 24, 2020.
- County taxes were current as of March 24, 2020.
- Must fully complete and submit an on-line application.
- Business must be in good standing with Accomack County.
Important Information Concerning your Application:
- Applications will be reviewed by the County, and the County in its sole discretion will make grant awards after review.
- Grants will be made on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.
- Applications will be received through a 3rd party website, Survey Monkey. Links will be uploaded to this website making the on-line applications active.
- The link for the grant application for Small Businesses will be activated on July 6, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- It is highly recommended that applicants use a computer, laptop, tablet, or similar device. Cell phones will process the application, however they will take longer than other types of devices.
- Items you will need for your application:
- Basic business information:
- Address (business physical and mailing, if different)
- Phone Number
- Number of Employees
- Name of Business on record with the State Corporation Commission.
- Name you are doing business as (DBA)
- You will need to certify that you have a County or Town business license, if one is required.
- County or Town business license number, if one is required.
- Basic business information:
- Verify that you were current with County Taxes as of March 24, 2020.
- You will need to indicate if your business received or was approved for any EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) or PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) funds. These funds were made available by the Small Business Administration as a result of COVID-19 earlier this year.
- You will need to certify that the information provided on the application is accurate and truthful.
If you have questions that cannot be answered by reviewing the online information, please call 757-787-5739.