CONGRATULATIONS to the following Grant Recipients:
(in alphabetical order by First Name)
- Andrew Sturgis
- Andrew T. Parks, Jr.
- Anthony K. Pruitt
- Anthony Wayne Edwards
- Brandon C. Martin
- Brandon Morgan
- Brett Lewis
- Charles Morrison
- Charles Wayne "Tabby" Crockett
- Cheryl Turner
- Christopher M. Burns
- David Christopher Walker
- Freddie Klein Pruitt, Jr.
- James E. Dawson
- John B. Shertenlieb, Jr.
- Kenneth Linton
- Steven Matthews
- Upshur Warren Parks, Jr.
- William B. Hall, Jr.
- William B. Justis III
Updated and New Information about Watermen Grants
The application period for Accomack County’s Watermen grants is now closed. 83 applications were received online while the application period was open. The County anticipates making 20 grants awards.
The County will begin reviewing applications on June 18th and expects to notify successful grant recipients by the end of day June 22nd by email. Grant recipients will need to fill out and return a W-9 form and agree to have applicant/business name listed on the Watermen grant webpage in order to receive payment.
The County will post successful grant recipients on this website once W-9’s are returned. Check back here later next week for updates.
The County thanks all those who made an application for the Watermen grants.
Watermen may be eligible for grants up to $5,000. Self employed watermen or Businesses that employ watermen that have a physical location in Accomack County and that did not receive approval or funds from the Small Business Administration's EIDL or PPP grants/loans are eligible to apply. Applicants cannot be receiving unemployment benefits.
- Business is physically located in Accomack County.
- Watermen or a Business employs 10 persons or less.
- County taxes are current as of March 24, 2020.
- Was not approved for EIDL or PPP grants.
- Did not receive EIDL or PPP grants.
- Are not receiving unemployment benefits.
- Must fully complete and submit an on-line application.
- Business must be in good standing with the County.
Important Information Concerning your Application:
- Applications will be reviewed by the County, and the County in its sole discretion will make grant awards after review.
- Grants will be made on a first come first serve basis.
- Applications will be received through a 3rd party website, Survey Monkey. Links will be uploaded to this website making the on-line applications active.
- The link for the grant application for Watermen will be activated at 10:00 am on June 15th and stay active until 5:00 pm on June 17th.
- It is highly recommended that applicants use a computer, laptop, tablet, or similar device. Cell phones will process the application, however they will take longer than other types of devices.
- Items you will need for your application:
- Basic business information:
- Address (business physical and mailing, if different)
- Phone Number
- Number of Employees
- Name of Business on record with the State Corporation Committee.
- Name you are doing business as (DBA)
- You will need to certify that you have a County or Town business license, if one is required.
- County business license number.
- Basic business information:
- If you are a Watermen a VRMC License Number.
- Verify that you were current with County Taxes as of March 24, 2020.
- You will need to indicate if your business received or was approved for any EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) or PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) funds.
- You will need to certify that the information provided on the application is accurate and truthful.