We are committed to meeting the financial and administrative support needs of Accomack County departments, offices and elected officials by providing them with high quality, timely, accurate and meaningful information and services delivered in an honest, clear and transparent manner.
The Finance Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining sound fiscal policies for the County.
We manage the development and execution of the County’s Annual Fiscal Plan, prepare the County's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and perform various types of financial analyses for the County Administrator.
In addition, we are responsible for:
- Development of the County's five year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) which outlines the County's tentative plans for construction of County facilities and the purchase of major capital equipment.
- Processing of the County’s semi-monthly payroll for all County staff and administration of employee benefits.
- Processing of all County invoices for payment.
- Management of existing debt and issuance planning.
- Oversight of grant financial compliance.