10/31/18 - Due Date for Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) project requests
11/7/18 - Proposed CIP changes to Planning Commission
11/14/18 – Budget Call Issued and Draft Budget Calendar Approved by Accomack County Board of Supervisors
12/14/18 – Budget Requests due electronically to Finance Department
2/4/19 – Presentation of County Administrator’s Proposed Budget
February 4, 2019 Board of Supervisors Meeting Synopsis:
The Accomack County Board of Supervisors kicked off the Fiscal Year 2020 budget season with a meeting on February 4, 2019. Accomack County Administrator, Mr. Michael Mason, presented a power point to the Board for the proposed FY2020 budget that included a budget “at-a-glance”, guiding budget priorities, overall budget highlights, tax rates, a review of major funds, and other related items.
Some highlights from the proposed budget are:
- No increase in real estate or personal property tax rates.
- An increase of $290,000 to the Accomack County Schools derived from the County’s revenue sharing formula.
- Employee compensation increases of 2% for County and State-supported local positions effective 7/1/19 contingent on receiving State matching funds.
- Makes 50% of scheduled deposit into the “Rainy Day Fund”.
- Increase the Landfill tipping fee by 6.7% in order to cover costs for future closure and post-closure expenses.
- Fund $2.1 million in capital spending.
Mr. Mason also presented the Board with the Fiscal Year 2020 proposed annual fiscal plan document. The summary of new budget requests details the County Administrator’s recommendations. The Board of Supervisors will meet Wednesday night, February 6, to continue the budget process and hear from County departments and agencies regarding their Fiscal Year 2020 requests.
- County Adminstrator's Proposed FY20 Budget
- Budget Request Summary FY2020
- Accomack County Proposed Annual Fiscal Year Plan FY2020
2/6/19 – Department & Agency budget presentations to Board of Supervisors
2/20/19 – Board of Supervisors Meeting Synopsis:
The Accomack County Board of Supervisors continued the Fiscal Year 2020 budget sessions during a regular BOS meeting on February 20, 2019. At this meeting the Accomack County School Board presented their FY20 requested budget.
The BOS deliberated over the recommended budget and made one modification. The sole revision to the County Administrator's recommended budget was to include T-hangar building pavement repair at the Accomack County Airport. The following FY2020 summary of budget requests details the Board of Supervisor's proposed budget.
The Board voted unanimously to send the proposed budget to public hearing which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Monday, March 11, in the Board Chambers in Accomac.
3/11/19 – Public Hearings for FY20 Proposed Budget and Tax Rates