10/30/19 – Due Date for Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) project requests
11/6/19 – Proposed CIP changes to Planning Commission
11/20/19 – Budget Call Issued and Draft Budget Calendar Approved by Accomack County Board of Supervisors
12/11/19 CIP Presentation presented to Planning Commission
12/13/19 Budget Requests due electronically to Finance Department
1/8/20 Planning Commission CIP Public Hearing/Deliberations
2/3/20 Presentation of County Administrator’s Proposed Budget
February 3, 2020 Board of Supervisors Meeting Synopsis: The Accomack County Board of Supervisors kicked off the Fiscal Year 2021 budget season with a meeting on February 3, 2020. Accomack County Administrator, Mr. Michael Mason, presented a power point to the Board for the proposed FY 2021 budget that included a budget “at-a-glance”, guiding budget priorities, overall budget highlights, tax rates, a review of major funds and other related items.
Some highlights form the proposed budget are:
- Contingent increase to the real estate tax rate by one cent to pay for debt service tied to Regional public safety radio communications infrastructure.
- An increase of $1,043,196 to the Accomack County Schools- $844,333 derived from the County’s revenue sharing formula and $198,863 additional funding to assist with salary increases for SOQ instructional positions
- Makes 50% of scheduled deposit into the “Rainy Day Fund”.
- Funds $10.8 million in capital spending which includes construction of cell 7 at the North Landfill and the County share of Regional Public Safety Communication Infrastructure.
- Employee compensation increases of 2% for County and State-supported local positions effective 7/1/2020.
Mr. Mason also presented the Board with the Fiscal Year 2021 proposed annual fiscal plan document. The summary of new budget requests details the County Administrator’s recommendations. The Board of Supervisors will meet Wednesday night, February 5, to continue the budget process and hear form County departments and agencies regarding their Fiscal Year 2021 request.
- County Administrator’s FY21 Proposed Budget Presentation
- Budget Request Summary FY2021
- Accomack County Proposed Annual Fiscal Year Plan FY2021
2/5/20 Department & Agency Presentations to Board of Supervisors - 5:00 p.m.
2/10/20 Board of Supervisors Budget Work Session - 5:00 p.m.
2/19/20 School Board Budget Request presented to Board of Supervisors - 5:00 p.m.