To provide quality service through cooperative working relationships with staff and external customers and to ensure the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment and contractual services for all departments of the County by obtaining quality cost-effective goods and services in a timely professional manner through a competitive, fair, and ethical process in accordance with local, state and federal procurement laws and regulations. This office is also responsible for managing Risk Management and Surplus Supply matters.
- Manages the procurement of all goods and services for contracts in excess of $5,000.00 in accordance with the County’s Procurement Policy.
- Prepares and advertises Formal Requests for Proposals and Invitations for Bids for goods and services exceeding a contract amount of $50,000. Oversees the committee selection process and prepares award recommendations for the Board's approval.
- Maintains procurement files in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements and provides documentation to the auditors during the annual audit process.
- Ensures contractors are properly licensed and that certificates of insurance are filed with the office. Assists in the resolution of contract disputes.
- Monitors contract terminations and takes appropriate action to rebid or renew expiring contracts.
- Identifies programs, policies, and procedures that will save money and improve the procurement process.
- Oversees the transfer and disposal of County surplus property.
- Assists the Risk Management function of the County to include claims processing and maintenance of all files.