Our mission is to provide voter registration, to keep voter information and all records updated and correct, to provide absentee voting, and to assist the Electoral Board in protecting and promoting the fairness and integrity of elections.
- Voter Registration: The Voter Registration Office provides and accepts voter registration applications and name and address change forms from voters in person, by mail, and from various agencies; and answers voter registration and election-related questions from voters, would-be voters, the general public, the media, etc. Voter cards are issued to registered voters by mail.
- Absentee Voting: Our office conducts absentee voting before every election by mail and in person. This duty is carried out by the Registrar of Voters even though it is an Electoral Board responsibility, since our Electoral Board has no regular office hours and the Electoral Board Secretary's position is a part-time position.
- Elections: The Registrar's Office assists the Electoral Board in the procurement and training of the approximately 125 to 150 election officials needed to conduct each election. These officials are appointed on a yearly basis and some of them must be trained before each election.
- Voting Information: The Registrar's Office is required to publish and post voter registration information before each election.
- Local Candidates and Referenda: The Registrar's Office receives local referenda and candidate qualification paperwork and petitions for the Electoral Board's acknowledgement and approval.
Our core goals, as always, remain to strive to have all qualified persons properly registered to vote and to assist in the conduct of fair elections.