Interested in becoming an Election Official?An Election Official is appointed by the Electoral Board of the county for a term of one year.
An Officer of Election must be registered to vote and is….
- Required to work from 5:00am to at least 8:00pm or whenever the work at the polls is finished;
- Legally responsible for the conduct of the election, including checking names and ID’s, operating voting machines and recording results, etc.;
- Required to attend a training class prior to the election;
- Required to subscribe to the Constitutional Oath prior to Election Day;
- Required to subscribe to the Election Officer Oath, which will be administered by the Chief Officer of Election before the polls open;
- Paid for his/her services soon after Election Day.