The Constitution of Virginia requires that you be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote. To change your registration, written authorization containing the correct information should be sent to the address below or you may complete a new Voter Registration Application.
PO Box 97
Accomac, VA 23301-10097
Application forms are available at no charge. Persons eligible to register can obtain Registration Applications at any of the following:
- Voter Registration Office in Accomac
- Any DMV office in Virginia
- Social Services, in Accomac
- Health Department, in Accomac
You may also download an application from . Once at that site click on Voter Registration. This site allows you to register online as well as printing the application out for mailing to this office.
To be eligible to vote in Virginia a person must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a resident of Virginia (A person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes);
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old (A person who is 17 years old and will be 18 years old on or before the next general election are permitted to register in advance and vote in any intervening primary or special election connected to the next general election);
- does not claim the right to vote in any other state;
- not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law and;
- if convicted of a felony, has had his/her right to vote restored.
Can't remember if you are registered? Click: https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation